Today the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) announced a change in address for its Consumer Response Center (CRC) within the Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection. This address change requires all FDIC-supervised financial institutions to update certain consumer notices, as described below, as soon as practicable.
- Effective March 28, the CRC will have a new mailing address, as follows:
Consumer Response Center
1100 Walnut St., Box #11
Kansas City, MO 64106
- To ensure the CRC receives consumer complaints promptly, FDIC-supervised institutions should update their Adverse Action Notice forms and Fair Housing posters to reflect the CRC’s new mailing address as soon as practicable.
- Updated Fair Housing posters may be obtained at no cost from the FDIC’s Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1014, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200) or through FDICconnect.
- This change does not affect Community Reinvestment Act notices.
- This change is applicable only to FDIC-supervised institutions. Federally chartered banks, credit unions, and other institutions supervised by another federal bank regulatory agency are not affected by this change of address.