On October 26, the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) published a consultation (Consultation) on its “future mission”—which are the FCA’s priorities and approaches to regulation for the coming years. The Consultation invites feedback on several key topics, including:
- the functioning of markets;
- meeting the FCA’s policy objectives;
- balancing conduct regulation and public policy;
- consumer protection, redress and vulnerable consumers;
- transparency and disclosures;
- FCA intervention;
- supervision of firms; and
- the FCA’s approach to enforcement.
Responses to the Consultation must be submitted to the FCA by January 26, 2017.