On October 31, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) published five revised directions, extending the Temporary Permissions Regime (TPR) to January 20, 2020. This coincides with the most recent extension of the Brexit deadline from October 31 to January 31, 2020 and is the fourth time that the TPR has been extended.
The specific revised directions published by the FCA were for:
- European Economic Area (EEA) firms with passports and Treaty firms, here;
- EEA collective investment schemes, here;
- EEA alternative investment funds, here;
- authorized payment institutions and EEA registered account information service providers, here; and
- e-money institutions, here.
For more information on the TPR, please see the January 11, 2019 edition of the Corporate & Financial Weekly Digest.