On April 9, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) extended five currently open comment periods in light of COVID-19. The comment periods for the following rulemakings have been extended until May 22, 2020, unless otherwise noted:
- Swap Execution Facility Requirements and Real-Time Reporting Requirements;
- Certain Swap Data Repository and Data Reporting Requirements;
- Amendments to the Real-Time Public Reporting Requirements;
- Amendments to the Swap Data Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements; and
- Position Limits for Derivatives (extended until May 15, 2020).
The CFTC approved the extension by a 3-2 vote over the dissents of Commissioner Rostin Behnam and Commissioner Dan M. Berkowitz, both of whom believe that the extensions provided are too short.
The CFTC press release is available here.