On May 19, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission published in the Federal Register a request for public comment on the CFTC’s draft 2020-2024 Strategic Plan (Strategic Plan). The current draft of the Strategic Plan includes a discussion of the CFTC’s mission, vision, core values, strategic goals and strategic objectives. The proposed strategic goals include:
- strengthening the resilience and integrity of the derivatives markets while fostering their vibrancy;
- regulating the derivatives markets to promote the interests of all Americans;
- encouraging innovation and enhancing the regulatory experience for market participants at home and abroad;
- being tough on those who break the rules; and
- focusing on the CFTC’s unique mission and improving its operational effectiveness.
The comment period will be open through June 18, 2020.
The Federal Register release is available here.
The draft Strategic Plan is available here.