In recent weeks, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) has offered various forms of relief and published information in response to the latest COVID-19 developments. Most recently, FINRA:
- updated the FAQs Related to Regulatory Relief Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic to address supervising virtual meetings with clients and forwarding firm mail;
- deferred all in-person arbitration and mediation proceedings scheduled through July 3, 2020, and agreed to waive postponement fees when parties stipulate to adjourn in-person hearing dates scheduled from July 6 through September 4, 2020 (see Coronavirus Impact on Arbitration and OHO Hearings);
- extended all exam enrollment windows that are currently expired or will expire through May 2020, given that Prometric testing centers will be closed through April 30, 2020 (see Coronavirus Impact on FINRA-Administered Exams & Continuing Education);
- updated the Compliance Vendor Directory to identify vendors offering free and discounted cybersecurity services for firms with remote workplace arrangements; and
- updated the State “Shelter-in-Place” and “Stay-at-Home” Orders
More information is available on FINRA’s landing page for COVID-19.