On July 8, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) announced that its 2020-2024 Strategic Plan (Strategic Plan) is now final. The Strategic Plan was unanimously approved by the CFTC in May and was subject to a 30-day comment period that ended in June. The Strategic Plan focuses on the following five strategic goals, each with clearly defined objectives:
- Strengthening the resilience and integrity of the derivatives markets while fostering their vibrancy;
- Regulating the derivatives markets to promote the interests of all Americans;
- Encouraging innovation and enhancing the regulatory experience for market participants at home and abroad;
- Being tough on those who break the rules; and
- Focusing on the CFTC’s unique mission and improving the CFTC’s operational effectiveness.
The Strategic Plan is available here.